Thursday, February 09, 2006

The Skulls

This is my review of the movie skulls. It was suggested I link to it on my blog as it has the potential to provide inspiration on movie critics across the globe.

Peace out,
JR

EDIT:

This is the aformentioned review. It was suggested by a wise old fellow that I infact post the review here instead of the link, as not all my fans will have an IMDB account. I am forever in your debt "foo".

Skulling and The Skulls
by - jimarick (Wed Jun 8 2005 17:33:43)



I think that this movie was poo. No, but seriously....

The acting was OK, but the story was uninspired. The funninest thing that I noticed was that the entire story was constructed on "pacey's" ability to Row.

From the onset, his rowing prowess was eagerly demonstrated on the waters. Throughout the tense, dramatic, visually stunning moments, that had me gripped, the proceeded to flash up "Pacey's" training on the "Old-skool" rowing machine, with stunning "out-of-focus" camera shots.

Then, just to put the icing on the already over iced, lump of icing, the end of the movie showed our hero "dawson" no sorry, the fat one, "Pacey", Skulling to freedom, from the Skulls.

For those of you unfamiliar with rowing terminology, SKULLING is the art of rowing a single, small boat, with 2 oars, by yourself.

It appears to me, that this rowing progression, is an anti-mirror to his progression through the elite SKULL group. As he left the SKULLS, he himself became a Skuller...

I mean, What the hell!

All in all, the only part I liked was the wicked guitar song..("taste" by lorna vallings)

God bless,
A Fan

4 comments: